MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT ROLE – OVERVIEW
- The Management Accountant is responsible for providing accounting information to businesses that will allow the directors to understand the performance of the business and make informed decisions.
- Taking ownership of the Management Accounts of the business, involving lots of Project and Business Partnering work.
- Often part of an established finance team, responsible for developing the budgeting and planning function along with the delivery of robust management information.
- Produce timely and accurate Management Accounts and variance analysis with meaningful commentaries on performance, including monthly forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and maintained.
- Act as a business partner to P&L owners to identify opportunities to improve business performance.
- Use initiative to highlight cost saving opportunities to a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Suggest updates and improvements for the accounting and MI systems.
- Manage a team (eg purchase ledger/ sales ledger clerks).
PROFILE OF A SUCCESSUL CANDIDATE
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (part qualified or Qualified By Experience sometimes considered)
- Strong business partnering experience with people of varying financial knowledge.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ambition to progress within a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good organisational skills, and experience with dealing with large volumes of data.
- A flexible approach, able to multi task and effectively prioritise your workload.