FINANCIAL DIRECTOR / CFO – OVERVIEW
- The Financial Director is an influential Board level role critical to the success of the organisation.
- Control and optimise all aspects of the financial health and performance of the organisation.
- Provide the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, ensuring that financial performance and strategic position are optimised.
- Model and forecast the company’s strategic plans and communicate possible outcomes with other Directors. Formulate plans and risk analysis to help the company in its growth.
- Ensure business strategy is supported by the back-office functions (Finance and possibly also HR, IT and Premises), developing financial systems and resources that are robust, compliant and comprehensive.
- Full P&L and balance sheet reporting responsibility, providing financial direction and support for all business operations.
- Ensure sound financial and commercial management, including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Corporate Finance responsibility ensuring capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions are managed appropriately.
- Ownership of reporting around utilisation of resources and assets such as staff, stock, production, property, credit rating etc, customer KPI data and pricing analysis. Leading your team through budgeting and reporting cycles including month and year end.
- Challenge assumptions and decision-making and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers to ensure the company’s plans and margins are met.
- Be hands on in the oversight of the finances of the business including production and analysis of monthly results and responsibility for VAT, tax, payroll, treasury, cash management etc…
- Provide financial and commercial insight as required in areas such as tendering, pricing and procurement.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, outsourced partners, advisors, lenders and supply chain.
- Ensuring regulatory and legal compliance including certificates required for health & safety, environmental and quality standards.
PROFILE OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE FOR THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL DIRECTOR / CFO
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with significant post qualification experience, perhaps a successful record of accomplishment as a Finance Director or Head of Finance and demonstrating an experience level where a broad role and influencing at board level is common practise to you.
- Diligent, problem solving and proactive attitude – prepared to be in to the detail of the accounts as well as assisting the Directors with strategic planning.
- A team player with experience of managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels including colleagues, suppliers, customers, banks, and auditors.
- A track record in successful business partnering and a strong relationship builder, someone reliable who can be a trusted commercial advisor to the business.
- Change management experience within an environment of continuous improvement.
- Exceptional analytical, presentation and IT skills and the confidence to articulate clearly and to challenge stakeholders.
- The energy, ambition and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation.
- Experience in the consulting or professional services sector with exposure to systems change may be advantageous.