TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A FINANCE MANAGER
Finance managers with proven experience and good communication skills perform a range of essential tasks such as monitoring cash flow, managing the accounting and monitoring systems for the company’s finances, preparing statutory accounts, quarterly and annual financial reporting and managing a team of finance staff. They also:
- Act as a finance business partner to the senior management team by providing insight and information on historical performance and forward-looking financial projections.
- Ensure financial reporting compliance with UK legislation and IFRS.
- Represent finance in any operational meetings.
Many of these could be the responsibility of a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
PROFILE OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). Sometimes full qualification and post- qualification experience is required.
- Working knowledge of audit practices, principles and procedures.
- Strong management accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experienced people manager.
- Efficient, effective and highly organised.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach, with ability to build rapport with suppliers and customers, both internally and externally.
- Able to work within tight deadlines.