Job title: Part time FD
Package: £500- 600 per day
Location: Near Yeovil
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: 1 to 2 days per week
About our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing landscaping and building business which has an expanding portfolio of commercial and retail clients in the South West.
Due to their continued success and growth they are now looking to recruit an experienced part time (1/2 days per week) Finance Director to help provide strategic and financial support to the directors.
You will work closely with the Managing Director to lead and direct the various businesses’ finance functions, specifically you will:
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management;
- Implement financial controls including management accounts, cash flow forecasts, budgets;
- Provide strategic and financial support to the directors;
- Consider funding and borrowing arrangements;
- Liaise with external auditors and HMRC on statutory matters.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), ideally with an existing portfolio of SME clients and with the capacity to commit to at least one day a week at the client’s site.
- Experience of implementing financial controls and creating financial models
- Strong excel skills (Vlook-up, Pivot tables etc)
- Working knowledge of Sage
- Excellent communications skills with ability to explain financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Fundraising experience through banks and alternative suppliers
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial SME businesses.