Job title: Financial Controller (potential FD)
Annual salary: £60k to £65k (plus benefits to include car allowance and healthcare)
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire
Reporting to: Finance Director
Hours: Permanent, Full time
About our Client
Our client is an established design and manufacturing company located near Devizes which serves both private clients and commercial businesses within the UK and overseas.
They are seeking a technically astute, commercially experienced, qualified accountant to be second in command in the finance function. The new FC will lead a high calibre accounts team and report functionally to the Finance Director and operationally to the Operations Director.
For the right individual this could be an opportunity to grow into the role of Finance Director as our client undertakes a planned restructure. The role will be interesting and varied, with continuous exposure to all departments regarding financial and operational matters.
Responsibilities of Financial Controller
This is an exciting role for someone with a blend of commercial acumen, manufacturing and contracting experience and persuasive communication skills. They must inspire confidence and establish effective relationships across all areas of the business.
Specifically the role will include:
- Report weekly cash flow (actual/ forecast with variance analysis)
- Accurate financial reporting of results and balance sheets (with particular emphasis on accounting for contract business)
- Reporting results of overseas entities
- VAT, PAYE, corporation tax and other HMRC compliance
- Lead the established accounts team
- Review the adequacy of current accounting system and implement a system update if required
- Introduce a job/project costing system
- Develop project reporting, margin control
- Report KPIs against an agreed business plan
Requirements of Financial Controller
- Qualified accountant, likely ACA
- Significant experience at the top of a finance function, with commercial as well as reporting responsibility
- Manufacturing and / or contracting experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including latest accounting standards (UK and International GAAP)
- A robust personality, at ease managing cash flow and dealing with suppliers and other creditors
- Ability to multi-task, progressing a wide range of detailed and strategic issues.
- Good business acumen and diplomacy skills, with convincing communication skills and engaging personal style
- Demonstrable leadership skills to mentor and support the finance team members
- Ability to work effectively at speed and under pressure of deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills an advantage
- Experience of systems migration an advantage
- Experience of international trade an advantage