Job title: Financial Controller/ Associate Director
Package: £50 – 55k DOE
Location: North West Bath
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: Full time
About our Client
Our client is a business services provider to growing SMEs throughout the UK. Primarily they offer an outsourced finance function and sit between the external accountant and the client, offering pro-active financial advice and processing from bookkeeping all the way up to strategic FD support.
Due to their continued success and growth they are now looking to recruit an outgoing qualified accountant with accountancy practice experience who has ambitions to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
This is an exciting newly created role within the organization where you will be working closely with the Managing Director to help manage the team and grow the business. Specifically you will be required to:
- Ensure that outstanding customer service is delivered to all clients
- Prepare month end management accounts
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts for clients
- Liaise with clients to advise on best practice re bookkeeping/accounting
- Manage a team of bookkeepers and on occasion cover for absences
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Assist with ad-hoc advice and financial modelling
- Prepare very basic corporation tax and personal tax returns
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with commercial experience. Requirements include:
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts, KPI’s, budgets etc
- Strong excel skills (Vlook-up, Pivot tables etc)
- Knowledge of Sage/ Xero
- Ability to work from both office and client premises
- Client and staff management experience
- Working knowledge of VAT and payroll
- Knowledge of managing SME working capital
- Knowledge of current tax legislation
- Financial due diligence and corporate finance experience would also be very beneficial.
The role could suit a previous financial controller or management accountant, now looking for a more flexible and varied role. Alternatively, the role could fit someone looking for their first move out of practice who has had hands on experience of working with SME clients.