Job title: Financial Controller
Annual salary: £50k to £55k (basic plus benefits)
Reporting to: Finance Director
Hours: Full time (flexible working possible)
About our Client
Our client is a well-established B2B group located in Gloucestershire. The group supplies its products internationally, as well as having US and other small overseas operations.
They are now looking to appoint a second in command within the finance function to help the existing FD improve processes and develop the team.
Responsibilities of Financial Controller
This is an exciting role for a self-motivated, hands-on individual to support the Finance Director in managing and developing the finance function. The size of the group means that the role will be interesting and varied, with continuous exposure to all departments regarding financial and non-financial matters.
Due to the small size of the team combined with the changing shape of the business, the candidate must be willing to perform financial and management accounting duties but also be able to contribute to the oversight and development of financial controls and reporting.
Specifically the role will include:
- Production and issue of monthly Finance Board packs;
- Continuous improvement of existing Finance processes and procedures;
- Development of project reporting, margin control and KPI reporting;
- Reporting results of overseas entities;
- Production of annual budget and monthly rolling forecasts;
- VAT, PAYE, corporation tax and other HMRC compliance;
- Overseas tax compliance as appropriate;
- Management of external audit process;
- Compliance with UK and International GAAP with particular focus on revenue and profit recognition on long-term contracts.
There is opportunity to develop the analysis, production and reporting of financial information to serve the business as a whole and therefore increase the profile of the Finance function.
Requirements of Financial Controller
- Preferably ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified but QBE will be considered;
- Experience of providing monthly Finance reports to the Board/Senior Management preferably in an SME environment;
- Hands-on approach and well organized with excellent attention to detail;
- Self-confident and comfortable working independently;
- Sound working knowledge of UK and International GAAP;
- Desire to engage with all functions across the business to improve financial literacy of non-finance staff and overall quality of financial information;
- Demonstrable tax knowledge;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills;
- Experience of systems migration an advantage;
- Experience of manufacturing or construction businesses an advantage;
- Experience of international trade an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org