Job title: Company Accountant
Annual salary: £40k to £45k
Location: Near Yeovil
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Hours: Full time
About our Client
Our client is a hugely successful privately owned manufacturer of construction material based near Yeovil.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day accounting operation and office administration. Working closely with the Financial Controller you will ensure there are robust systems and controls in place to ensure an efficient back office function.
Specifically, the role will include:
- Overseeing all accounting and cash flow operations resulting in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including commentary.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts including bank and fixed assets and posting necessary journals.
- Managing the purchase ledger and accounts receivable functions.
- Managing and supporting a team of three accounts assistants.
- Preparing monthly sales reports providing commentary on variances.
- Periodically speaking with customers to manage customer expectations.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure all stock levels are maintained, updated and accurately reported in the monthly management accounts.
- Carrying out the monthly payroll run and ensuring that all HMRC submissions are reported correctly and on time.
- Completing the quarterly VAT and Corporation Tax calculations and submissions to HMRC.
- Producing a year end audit file and assisting with the year end audit process.
- Providing cover for other admin functions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA) or PQ/AAT
- Technically strong with a good understanding of accruals/ prepayments etc
- Experience of preparing management accounts, statutory accounts and preparing VAT returns.
- Experience of reviewing/ preparing payroll.
- Sound experience of using Microsoft Office software and a good understanding of working with multiple IT systems, networks and ideally Pegasus Opera 3.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer focused mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org